“Bending Rules” is a design & build competition workshop that will introduce students to concepts of ‘Post-Digital Architecture’ by designing and building bending-active bamboo structures that combine digital/procedural design and simulation techniques with traditional craftsmanship and natural materials. In teams, students will iteratively work toward the creation of 4 large bamboo structures that will vie for the winning prize. A democratic selection process, driven by student voting, will decide which initial ideas will be developed further in larger groups and at the bigger final scale.
Design criteria that need to find an equilibrium in the design are:
- Buildability → system complexity/simplicity. Can it sufficiently easily be built?
- Level of expansion of the design solution space → how ‘unprecedented’ is the structure?
- Architectural qualities of the proposal → Why is it worthy of pushing projects in this direction?
2018 |秋| 交大建築所期初全所競圖工作坊&展覽
競圖出題/ Kristof Crolla (高仕棠)老師
- Zaha Hadid事務所專案建築師
- MArch (AA-DRL), Ir-Arch (UGent), RIBA, ARB
- 9/10 13:30-15:30 Intro lecture & briefing 介紹發題
- 9/10 18:00 Phase 1 begins
- 9/13 10:00-12:00 Phase 1 Review & Vote
- 9/13 12:00 Phase 2 begins
- 9/17 10:00-12:00 Phase 2 Review & Vote
- 9/17 12:00 Phase 3 begins
- 9/20 14:00-17:00 Final Review 總評
- 9/21 10:00-14:00 Prep for exhibition 展覽準備